Bhaskar's experience with farming dramatically shifted when we applied to his practice what he called: Gandhiji's 5 Principles:
1. Harmonious coexistence for mutual benefit: Do not use artificial means to kill microbes.
2. Nothing borne out of the Mother Earth is waste.
3. Farming is not human's business. It is his/her moral duty.
4. All is Nature's will. We are mere labourers. Our rights are limited. Extract only as per your needs.
5. Do not hurry. Nature herself does not. Land is a living being. Converse with the farm.
There is enough for everyone's needs but not enough for anyone's greed. :-)